Sweet potatoes and avocados are pretty much my favorites and are like a little slice of heaven. Avocados, that's what I would bring on an island if I had to choose one food. You can make this as a side dish with some greens and is kinda perfect with guacamole for happy hour if you ask me!
Sweet potatoes contain vitamin A (beta-carotene), which is great to boost your immune system and for your skin, vitamin C, magnesium with relaxation benefits and are packed with anti-inflammatory properties.
Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, oleic acid which reduce inflammation and fibers. They lower your blood sugar spikes and keep you full longer which has also been linked to weight loss. They contain vitamin K, C, B5, B6, E, folate and potassium.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- a dash of cinnamon
* Coconut oil has a high smoke point (200°c/ 400°F), which means that it can be used to cook at higher temperature - compared to olive oil (which is better used in salads or slightly sautéed). The smoke point is the temperature until the oil/ fat can be cooked before it starts to smoke and transforms into compounds that could be bad for your health.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp parsley or coriander freshly chopped
- sea salt
- Preheat oven at 200°C / 400° F
- Wash the sweet potatoes, peel and cut them in fries shape or wedges (lengthwise).
- Put them in a bowl, add the coconut oil and spices. Toss together until well coated.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes then flip them for another 10 minutes or until done- depending your oven.
In the meantime, prepare your guacamole. Scoop the avocados with a spoon and put in a bowl. Mash it with a fork. Add the onions and tomatoes, salt and paprika. Mix well.
Fries are best eaten right away.
Enjoy the goodness!