As I am a big fan of *HUGS*, I couldn't resist to write about the benefits of hugging as I read about it! Not only it's a good feeling but it's been proven to have good effects on your health. How awesome! ;) And I'm talking about the real, meaningful deep hug! Think of babies! They need nurturing and physical touch to grow and be healthy. Human touch is important but a lot of people lack of it as we grow older.
How not to feel loved, happy and in connection with the other person after a warm hug?!
So here are some good reasons (if you need any!) to hug someone you love today!
- It reduces stress and tensions
- It boosts your immune system
- It lowers blood pressure
- It creates a bond with the other person and brings people closer- as the two hearts touch each other
- It can boost your oxytocin levels - the bounding hormone-which helps with loneliness & sadness
- It brings Good Vibes, Happiness & Love!
Like Virginia Satir, a family therapist, said:
- We need 4 hugs a day for survival.
- We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance.
- We need 12 hugs a day for growth.
Happy Hugging Day! ;)